Mommy's Birthday Present




Hi my name is Marroc (If you don't think being named after a hobbit suits me Marrok is also the name of an obscure knight of King Author's Round Table, Sir Marrok (whose wife turned him into a werewolf for seven years). Youngest boy bean likes the name Fenris (aka Fenrir), so we will probably change my name to Fenris. Mommy found me at Friends of the Animal Shelter in Hancock County. I had only been there for a few hours when Mommy came to see me, after viewing my photo on Petfinder. I was listed as a Great Pyrenees [Mix], but Mommy thinks I look more like a Pyrenean Mastiff. The people at the shelter don't know anything about me as I was dumped with my litter mates at Stennis Space Center. Mommy and I fell for each other right away, but she had to leave me behind so I could be neutered. I was so scared the nice lady wasn't going to come back for me, but she did.

It seemed like the car ride to my new home took forever, Mommy says it was only an hour but that's a long time for a little guy like me. Now I am busy meeting my feline siblings and checking out the yard and exploring so we'll share more pictures and more info about me latter. Nice to meet everyone and if you are looking for a pup I had four litter mates, and some of them may still be looking for their forever homes.

9 comments:

meemsnyc said...

Oh boy, what a fantastic birthday present!

Just Ducky said...

Oh wow, a new woofie in the house. Welcome.

Jans Funny Farm said...

Oh, a Great Pyrenees. Jan has taken a few photos of several and she says they are sweet dogs.

We're so glad you finally arrived! You are a wonderful birthday present for your mom.

We're excited for all of you.

Sweet Purrfections said...

What a cool birthday present! I bet your mom is thrilled!

Quill and Greyson said...

Welcome new pooch, and Happy Birthday Mom!

Cat with a Garden said...

SQUUUEEE ALERT!!!!! Oh my you are going to be a hh dog, aren't you? hh= huge and handsome! It will be lovely seeing you grow up. From a distance that is! ; )
Siena & Chilli

Alastriona, The Cats and Dogs said...

From a distance would have been our preference too Siena and Chilli. Actually things are going OK according to Mommy. We are curious about the doggie but not ready to be friends yet. We have been spying on him when he is in the carrier and in the yard. ~Socks, Scylla & Charybdis

Hi JFF, our Grandpa has GP's and it was the #1 choice of youngest boy bean so Mommy was thrilled when she saw the puppy on petfinder. Our puppy seems to be very sweet and he didn't mess in his crate so that shows a degree of intelligence and he only made Mommy get up once during the night. We don't think making her get up a few minutes before 4AM counts as that is when Daddy has to get up for work anyway. Right now he is curled up sleeping at her feet. ~S,S & C

Thanks everyone, I am thrilled with Fenris and I think the cats will like him eventually. ~Alasandra

Daisy said...

WOOHOOO! What a wonderful present! This is so exciting! Nice to meetcha, Marroc. I cannot wait to get to learn all about you.

Goldie, Shade and Banshee said...

Happy belated birthday to mom!!

What a wonderful present, he is a cutie patootie for sure!!!!