First They Came for the Unschoolers

Spunky wonders about The Unschooling Conspiracy in the media. Your not paranoid if they are really after you. Are they? the situation bears watching. Many of the public school proponents on the Dr. Phil board were demanding that parents have teacher's certificates to homeschool, that their children be taken to a public school every nine weeks for testing and examination by a professional for abuse, and that yearly standardized test be required. And of course there was that annoying myth that homescholers need to be socialized and that all homeschooled children are social retards. Apparently in today's politically correct world it's still OK to bash homeschoolers.

Right now they are focused on unschooling, but traditional homeschoolers beware. They REALLY don't understand there are different methods of homeschooling, so we have been lumped in with the unschoolers regardless. Spunky's post reminded me of this poem.

First They Came for the Jews

First they came for the Jews
and I did not speak out
because I was not a Jew.
Then they came for the Communists
and I did not speak out
because I was not a Communist.
Then they came for the trade unionists
and I did not speak out
because I was not a trade unionist.
Then they came for me
and there was no one left
to speak out for me.
Pastor Martin Niemöller

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Glad to find your blog...great stuff here. Heed the battle cry --Unschooling Forever!