Blog Talk Radio Takes On Homeschooling

Host Channel : Motherhood Uncensored will be doing a segment December 5th on School Your Children Well

segment description
We're talking about tot yoga, college-prep preschool, homeschooling v public school... Featuring Alex Elliot, PhatMommy and Pundit Mom.

Pundit Mom will be speaking in favor of private schooling. I suspect that most of the listeners will not be in favor of homeschooling.

The program starts at 10PM Eastern Time but the homeschool section doesn't start till around 10:30. Phat Mommy is asking homeschoolers to help in two ways.

Please link to this page. Second, I would love it if you would call in (646) 915-8634 between 10:30 and 11 pm ET Tuesday night and support me by posing thoughtful questions to PunditMom. Thanks for your support.

I think Phat Mommy is very brave to go on talk radio to support homeschooling; so lets all do our part to support her.

2 comments:

PunditMom said...

I do hope that any questions will be truly thoughtful and not an attack on our decision for our daughter.

We struggled with our decision to send her to a private school rather than our public school and I hope people will be able to respect, discuss and understand that. There are a lot of people who feel strongly about this topic, and I hope they will understand that thoughtful parents can come to different decisions for their children. Our daughter's school is not some fancy, hi-falutin school but the best choice for her given her personality and other factors.

Don't gang up on us just because we've made a different decision.

Alastriona, The Cats and Dogs said...

Hi Punditmom, first off thanks for reading my blog. BTW I took a quick look at your blog and intend to go back to read it when I have more time.

I can only speak for myself, but as long as you respect my right to homeschool then I 100% support & respect your right to send your daughter to a private school.

I think the majority of homeschoolers will be able to relate to your struggle to decide between public or private school, as we faced the same struggle when we made the choice to homeschool. Private school wasn't an option for us as there are NO private schools in our area that are not Catholic. I don't have anything against Catholics but as we are not Catholics and I assume a Catholic school teaches their religious beliefs we choose not to send our children to one.

I went to a small nothing fancy or hi-falutin about it private school too K-6th grade and entered the public school system 7-12th grade. I am just happy your daughter found her niche.