Area artists will be asked to submit concepts on how they would camouflage pilings supporting the new U.S. Ocean Springs-Biloxi Bridge. Ocean Springs Mayor Connie Moran said discussions are underway to create freestanding panels to hide the pilings that would extend along the south side of the new bridge from the shoreline to Front Beach.
I'll just be glad when they get the bridge built. The traffic in my community has increased since the bridge was destroyed by Katrina.
2 comments:
I'm just glad they're building the bridge. My folks live in Ocean Springs, and Mom works in Biloxi. Needless to say, getting to work in the morning has been, um, rough.
Here it is 14+ months since the hurricane, and still the Gulf Coast, where the darn thing hit, is struggling to rebuild. :::sigh:::
I am very lucky that up in Latimer where I live there wasn't much damage. It's so depressing to go to Biloxi/Gulfport and see all the rubble and all vacant lots where familiar landmarks used to be.
I think traffic will get better once the bridge is rebuilt.
Post a Comment