Sportsmanship

I find the lack of sportsmanship displayed by Ivy Gate appalling. Comments like this are uncalled for.
Vote! And don't stop voting until you see Michael Berube's willowy concession speech atop his blog! Although: Whatever happens with Berube, we'll bite the suicide capsule before we let the homeschoolers take the trophy.

Apparently once Ivy Gate realized they didn't have a prayer of winning they decided to endorse Michael Berube, but was it really necessary to bash homeschoolers as part of the endorsement? Why couldn't they state why they enjoyed Berube's blog or why they thought it deserved to win?

To quote a role model: I was wack. Today we leave those posts behind as The Sincerity That Shall Not Be Named, and fully endorse Prof. Michael Berube for Best Educational Blog 2006. He's neck-and-neck with SpunkyHomeSchool -- a blog that's actually defunct but has rabid acolytes with adept at getting out the vote. Berube seems like a funny guy (and half of us are alums of the same hockey team), but mainly we just want to see the tension play out between the academy and the homeschooling army.

Michael Berube isn't much better with his comments


Michael Bérubé says:
But of course! I understood this post to be upping the banter ante, and a fine job it does, too. Besides, the important thing is that IvyGate and I crush the homeschoolers. December 9, 2006 11:31 AM
I wonder why he feels it's so important to crush homeschoolers?
I voted for Spunky Homeschool because I enjoyed her post. While I didn't always agree with her views I found her blog informative and entertaining, if you did too go vote for her. Polls close at 11:59PM tonight.

No comments: