
That describes me to a T. I seem to be getting a late start on the challenge and since the contest specified books I purchased I probably won't manage to wade through all the library books in time to read all the books I bought but here is my list.If you are anything like me your stack of purchased to-be-read books is teetering over. So for this challenge we would be reading 5 books that we have already purchased, have been meaning to get to, have been sitting on the nightstand and haven't read before. No going out and buying new books. No getting sidetracked by the lure of the holiday bookstore displays.
- The Language of God by Francis S. Collins
- The Bible According to Mark Twain by Mark Twain (duh, who else)
- The Fountainhead by Ayn Rand
- Anthem by Ayn Rand
- A Taste of Freedom by Tommie Thompson
Gotta go I have a ton of books to read.
2 comments:
Nice list. My to-read-stack has turned into a to-read-box. I had to bring one of those copy-paper boxes home from work and it’s almost full. It has 26 books in it right now, not counting the two by my bed that I’m currently reading. Anthem is in there. Lots of Clarke and Asimov, the last three Auel books (Earth’s Children), three or four non-fiction science books dealing with the evolution/creationism debate, and a few that I read years ago but want to read again like A Sand County Almanac and Zen & The Art of Motorcycle Maintenance. I got probably 75% of them (and all my books) for a buck or less from thrift stores and library sales.
I have had a few to read boxes in my time. I try to utilize the library for a lot of my reading. It's really convenient to put the books on hold online and just pop in and pick them up. And then after I have read them I don't have the dilemma of where to put them. I currently have 3 library books checked out to read, a few on hold and a ton of books I bought other family members for Christmas that I want to read. It was hard to pick just 5. Lord Epa scored 90 Star Trek books (various series), so he is a happy camper and I will probably try to read some of them.
Post a Comment