From the Blog World

Mother Crone tells how she uses picture books in her homeschooling.

Phat Mommy ask if you know of any secular homeschooling magazines? If you do please let me know, and please follow the link and let her know too.

School of Thought has a great post Fun with Plastic Dinosaurs, and her problem with nutcases that insist dinosaurs were on Noah's Ark. For some reason I couldn't manage to leave a comment, so I'll leave it here.
I always wanted to know what the meat eaters on the ark ate. For some reason my Sunday School teacher never wanted to answer that question. I also wonder why some Christians insist that Genesis is LITERAL while cheerfully explaining to you that Revelations is allegory.
Get the F-Ark outta here is another great post on the same topic. Just when you think schools can't do anything stupider, they are now reporting on the Body Mass Index of their students.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for stopping by and commenting on my posts! I always welcome comments from sane homeschoolers! I'd love to travel back and time and see Noah's wife trying to keep the T-Rex from eating the giraffes and lions. That would be "enlightening."

P.S. You have alot of blogs! Damn girl...how do you keep up?

Alastriona, The Cats and Dogs said...

Or the house cat from eating the mice, for that matter. I am reading the Language of God by Collins at the moment. I'll do a book review once I finish, but he points out that hard line creationist have done more harm to religion then non-believers ever could.

I mostly blog to Alasandra these days. Long story short I started the other blogs and one day the old blogger went down, I wasn't allowed to switch them to beta at that time so I started Alasandra. I liked the bells and whistles so I kept the new version and now that I have switched all the others over I am too lazy/lack the time to add all the neat things to them I added to Alasandra. So now I mainly just link to them when someone ask a question I already posted about.