NYC Educator has a post on Bad Teachers which I found by way of VDare's Diversity Is Strength…It’s Also Really Bad Teachers post.
The majority of public school teachers I know do an outstanding job, they are wonderful teachers and wonderful human beings. That said I do know a few bad apples.
There was the 4th grade teacher who verbally abused me, she called me stupid and retarded in front of the class and kept me in from recess so she could continue screaming abuse at me. I was eventually rescued by my piano teacher but was the 4th grade teacher fired? NO, she continued to teach for the rest of the school year.
There was my 12th grade English Teacher who couldn't speak proper English. She began the class by saying "We is going to learn grammar and literature and youse ain't going to misbehave", her grammar only deteriorated after that.
There was the second grade teacher at my children's elementary school who couldn't speak intelligibly due to a stroke. Many of her second grade students lacked the reading skills necessary to read what she had written on the chalkboard (which was her way of communicating with the class). Before her stroke she was supposedly a good teacher. It's to bad an illness prevented her from doing well a job she loved but her students should not have received an inadequate education due to her misfortune.
Then there was my eldest son's 5th grade teacher who couldn't keep control of the class, didn't know how to do algebra and wanted to teach kindergarten (she may have been a wonderful kindergarten teacher but she had no business in a 5th grade classroom).
Soon I hope to post about all the outstanding teachers I know.
No comments:
Post a Comment