Thankfully I Have XM Radio

Two dominant South Mississippi country radio stations are holding steadfast to their decision not to air music by the band The Dixie Chick s, despite the fact the female trio won five Grammys on Sunday night, including for Album, Record and Song of the Year.

I enjoy the Dixie Chicks music, so I am thankful that I can listen to them on XM Radio and bypass the censorship of my local radio stations. While I don't necessarily agree with the Dixie Chick's politics this is America and they do have the right to their opinion and the right to express it. Just like I have the right to listen to music I like. Thankfully I am able to listen to XM Radio, so the censorship decisions of local radio stations don't affect me. According to a poll in the Sun Herald 57% of the respondents are in favor of the Dixie Chick's songs being played as of 8:32AM.

No comments: