We have been edging the existing flowerbeds with rocks and mulching them. We planted the Grancy Graybeard, Hubby got from his Mom behind the garden. I got some seeds to plant when I was at Walmart Thursday. I got the Butterfly Mix and it includes Bird's Eye, Black-Eyed Susan, Catchfly, Coreopsis, Larkspur, Perennial Flax, Purple Coneflower, Scarlet Flax, Sweet William and Toadflax. I hope to get them planted next weekend.
We have seen some Swallowtail Butterflies in our garden. There is also a Canada Goose sitting on a nest on the island in our pond.
The Herb & Garden Fest was a bust. It was mostly food and crafts with a few flowers and herbs thrown in. It wasn't at all like the festival I went to a few years ago. Honestly I was disappointed. I did talk to a lady at Courtney Farms and she said they will be getting some Catmint in, in a few weeks. So I am going to stop by in April when I go to get my hair fixed.
Lord Epa has a soccer game this evening, so we probably won't be able to do any work in the garden today.
No comments:
Post a Comment