
I would give anything if Whiskers was still alive, no matter how high the medical bill. The pet food recall is still a hot topic in the news.
And they still don't know why our pets died needlessly.
The Food and Drug Administration said Tuesday it is aware of 14 confirmed animal deaths related to a major recall over the weekend of 91 brands of pet food, but the agency is getting "lots of telephone calls" from worried consumers.
The cause of contamination is still being investigated, said Stephen Sundlof, director of the FDA's Center for Veterinary Medicine. "We have no firm leads," he said, but suspicion remains focused on a possible contamination of wheat gluten, used to thicken gravy in the "cuts and gravy" cat and dog foods sold in pouches and cans.
I hope this money hungry corporation learns that our pets lives are valuable and that waiting to recall a tainted product isn't an option
"It's a loss that goes beyond belief," said Frederick Bobb, of Merrick, N.Y., who buried Princess after she died of kidney failure on March 10.
The day after Whiskers died of kidney failure.
Menu Foods has confirmed the deaths of 15 cats and one dog, and there have been widespread reports of kidney failure, some fatal, in other pets that have eaten the affected brands.
On a personal note my parents gave their dogs one of the dog foods listed on the recall list, they seem to be OK, and my parents have ceased giving them the potentially lethal dog food.
1 comment:
I am sorry for your loss. We have a cat, too..and I just found out Iams was on the list, on the radio they were only mentioning the walmart brands. Thankfully, we are using the dry, not the wet food.
again, I am so sorry for your loss.
Jenny in Ca
Post a Comment