This morning from the PetConnection database (8:30 a.m. PT): 2,237 deceased pets (1,257 cats, 980 dogs).
I am still trying to deal with the loss of Whiskers, trying to comprehend that 2,237 other pets have meet the same fate is so............................. I can't find the words, it's heart breaking, it infuriating and it's beyond comprehension that one company could affect so many live.
In my attempt to find some closure I have created The Last Meow website. This is a place for pet owners who have lost their pets or who are dealing with the illness of their pets because of the contaminated pet food to post their stories and put pictures of the pets on the site. It is my hope that if those who have not lost pets can see for themselves the pets that suffered and died it will put a more 'human' face on this tragedy and they will be as outraged as those of us who have lost beloved friends are.
No comments:
Post a Comment