Thursday Thirteen ~ #10



13 Things about Daffodil's



  1. Other Name: Jonquil.

  2. Botanical Name: Narcissus.

  3. Daffodil's are a trumpet shaped blossom surrounded by petals usually of a contrasting color.

  4. Colors: yellow-white, yellow-orange, pink, lime green.

  5. Season: Late Fall to Spring.

  6. Greek mythological character, Narcissus, who was known to be so arrogant that when he looked into a mirror he fell in love with his reflection. He was later said to have been turned into the flower.

  7. Meaning -Chivalry, respect, you are my only one, the sun shines when I'm with you, unrequited love.

  8. Bloom Size: 3 to 4 inches in diameter.

  9. Color Pattern: bi-color.

  10. National flower of Wales.

  11. Many poets such as Oscar Wilde and William Wordsworth have written about this flower.

  12. It is said that Prince Charles receives one Daffodil annually as payment for the unused land in Sicily.

  13. Flowers are fragrant. Some species have frilly petals.

Get the Thursday Thirteen code here!

The purpose of the meme is to get to know everyone who participates a little bit better every Thursday. Visiting fellow Thirteeners is encouraged! If you participate, leave the link to your Thirteen in others comments. It’s easy, and fun! Be sure to update your Thirteen with links that are left for you, as well! I will link to everyone who participates and leaves a link to their 13 things. Trackbacks, pings, comment links accepted!








10 comments:

Anonymous said...

funny! coz i just watched a movie last night "BIG FISH" and there was a scene there when he had thousands of daffodils for her girl coz he found out she loves daffodils!

Didn't know they have lime green. thanks for the info!!!

Mama Duck said...

Oh, so springy and beautiful!! Happy TT!

Lil' Duck Duck

Caylynn said...

Lots of interesting facts about the daffodil! Thanks for educating us. :)

Happy T13. :)

Tink said...

I love daffodils as I love all flowers. There are a lot throughout the country over here. Happy Spring!
My TT has 13 cat quotes this week.

Tink said...

I'll burn a candle in front of my Bast statue to get your cat home soon and healthy!

Cafe Cats said...

YaY! It's almost spring!

Come on over for FOOD!

Stephanie Appleton said...

Love daffodils. Make me think of childhood, and there is just something nice about early spring flowers!

Raggedy said...

I love the yellow background for this post. I think daffodil's are very pretty. It feels like spring here.
Terrific Thursday Thirteen!
My TT is posted.
Have a wonderful day!
Happy TT'ing!
*^_^
(=':'=)
(")_ (")Š
Raggedy

Kimo and Sabi said...

We just call 'em "them yellow thingys in da front yard"

Anonymous said...

Daffodils are a harbinger of spring - oh happy day! O happy post! Thanks for all the great info on the Jonquil.

I'm all about the writing life over at http://www.chicken-scratch.ca