- How believable is the book?
- Do you think a slave would be able to make an informed decision about fighting for the South? Escaping North?
- Do you think a slave and his Master could be friends? Do you think Bill was right to teach Bubba to read?
- Since Bill disapproved of slavery why didn't he free his slaves? Do you think he was right in believing that they needed to be freed gradually? How big a part did peer pressure play in the decisions Bill made?
American Literature ~Civil War Unit
A Taste of Freedom by Tommie Thompson. I am rather disappointed in the book. To me the reading level is 4th grade, but due to the content I wouldn't introduce it until at least Junior High. I have been in two mind about using it as the reading level is way below what Lord Epa is use too. I have decided to go ahead and use the book mainly because I want to introduce the topic. These are the questions I want Lord Epa to answer when he reads the book.
Labels:
American History,
American Literature,
book review
Hershey (black kitten), Oreo (black & white kitten), Yin (black), Yang (white with black spots), Slippy (gray tabby) , & Dogs Ladybug (collie) and Maize plus our Mom Sandra
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment