Charybdis had to go to the veterinarian yesterday for an emergency visit. When I was bathing her I noticed one side of her face felt squishy as the day wore on a noticeable lump had appeared. Hubby rushed her to the veterinarian and she was diagnosed with strangles. I can't find much information about it in kittens. I am also worried Scylla and Sockie~Pooh may get strangles as it seems to be highly infectious, although the veterinarian told Hubby there wasn't any danger of infection. The veterinarian drained the abscess, and gave her an antibiotic to take and an ointment to put on the incision. So far she seems to be doing OK. She climbed on top of the cat carrier and has been having fun playing with Scylla. Both cats seem to be eating OK, we are still mostly bottle feeding. Scylla is potty trained, but so far Charybdis doesn't seem to have a clue what litter boxes are for.
1 comment:
Our dog had strangles when she was much younger.
LOVE your cat names! very cool.
Post a Comment