David Lazarus from Sen. Durbin’s office has sent out a letter asking for suggestions as they develop legislation to overhaul the food-safety system. Their initial outline has a much of what has been discussed here, but has nothing on strengthening labeling requirements for country of origin, greater transparency on ingredients, etc. Stronger labeling MUST be a part of any reform, so consumers have the information they need to make informed choices on behalf of their pets.
Contact Mr. Lazarus with your suggestions.
To read Mr. Lazarus' letter click here.
2 comments:
Hi. I just stumbled on your blog and found it very interesting. I wanted to let you know that I found a website that is giving away free samples of a pet food that is made by Life's Abundance. It's derived from organically fed animals and has no wheat or wheat by-products. The site is http://www.precious-pets-paradise.com and you can get it from there. I just went ahead and bought the small size bag and was glad I did, my dog loves it and I feel much safer giving my pet something that is so natural and is not on the recall list! I've already got more and will continue to use this product. Thought you might want to know! - Bob Knuck
Thank you for the information, Bob.
Post a Comment