Genesis 6: 1-4
Now a population explosion took place upon the earth. It was at this time that beings from the spirit world looked upon the beautiful earth women and took any they desired to be their wives. Then Jehovah said, "My Spirit must not forever be disgraced in a man, wholly evil as he is. I will give him 120 years to mend his ways." In those days, and even afterwards, when the evil beings from the spirit world were sexually involved with human women, their children became giants, of whom so many legends are told.
(Living Bible)
Genesis 6:1-4
And it came to pass, when men began to multiply on the face of the earth, and daughters were born unto them, that the sons of God saw the daughters of men that they were fair; and they took them wives of all which they choose. And the Lord said, My spirit shall not always strive with man, for that he also is flesh: yet his days shall be an hundred and twenty years. There were giants in the earth in those days; and also after that, when the sons of God came in unto the daughters of men, and they bare children to them, the same became mighty men which were of old, men of renown.
(King James)
So here are my questions:
- How many sons did God have? The above verses say sons plural.
- So these sons of God married human women? That is what the verses say and we are suppose to take Genesis literally right?
- So giants were the offspring of human women and the sons of God?
- Why don't Creationist discuss these verses when they are insisting evolution is wrong, because it isn't mentioned in Genesis?
- Why does the Living Bible refer to the sons of God as beings from the spirit world? How many other translators have changed words in the Bible from the original version over the years?
4 comments:
The most frustrating thing I've found, as a christian, in talking to creationists is that their lack of knowledge about science is only matched by their lack of knowledge about the bible.
Most often the best I could hope for was scripture quoting or, "My pastor says...". Rarely would I find one that understood context and criticism.
I'm not surprised your post hasn't gotten any creationists willing to give you an answer.
Great post Alasandra. Question everything...don't believe ANYTHING blindly.
I have my own list of questions about the Bible and I've only goten as far as the story of Lot and his 2 daughters. What a tale that one is.
Hi Unschooler,
Just wait until you get to the story of Abraham and Sarah (half-sister/wife), that reads like a soap.
There are plenty of juicy stories in the Bible. Then there is the Song of Solomon...........
Hi Dawn,
I imagine they are busy looking in their Bible to see if that is actually in there. Then they will scurry off to their pastor to ask for an explanation.
It's funny when I ask them about it in person I usually get a blank stare and then a "that's not in the Bible", and IF there happens to be a Bible handy and I show them it is in the Bible, I get a "I never saw that before, I'll have to ask my pastor". This from people who claim they read the Bible everyday.
Apparently they read (and memorize) a few selected verses and skip everything else.
Post a Comment