"The church has failed to see the importance of the history of the past," Baird said. "All of a child's education from kindergarten all of the way through is based on evolution, which is not only wrong and unscientific, it leads them away from the God of the Bible and the Bible. And that is why I think we're losing so many of our kids once they get into high school. Well, they're already indoctrinated and fully engrossed in humanistic, naturalistic reasons and answers for everything and they don't see how the Bible fits."
Baird started his ministry as field trips for churches and homeschool groups to "edify and equip" the saints, he said.
I homeschool and we teach evolution. This is one amusement park/museum I'll steer clear of. And prey tell how is evolution unscientific, it's this nonsense that is unscientific.
7 comments:
Evolution doesn't lead kids away from god and the bible. Heaping piles of bulls%$t (I don't know if you mind naughty words or not :) ) in their path like creationism and literalism leads kids away. Sooner or later they're going to see something that isn't bulls%$t (like evolution) and understand what they've been climbing through for years.
The author of the quote just doesn't want kids to understand that he's the one holding the shovel.
If only we could somehow convince that huge percentage of homeschoolers who are NOT teaching evolution and other good science to their kids to do it like you do it!
Thanks Greg.
I think Francis S. Collins with his book The Language of God, and Ken Miller with his book advocating theistic evolution are making a good first step.
There are many Christians who will embrace 'real' Science once they see Science & God are compatible, it's not one or the other.
On the other hand the nutcase Creationist seem to have plenty of money to fund their zany parks.
Hi Dawn,
I try to restrain myself from using naughty words on my blog, but a few slip in from time to time.
I have never understood why hardcore Creationist insist evolution leads you away from God. But then some Fundies seems to think that thinking for yourself is a sin so...............
Hi Dawn,
I try to restrain myself from using naughty words on my blog, but a few slip in from time to time.
I have never understood why hardcore Creationist insist evolution leads you away from God. But then some Fundies seems to think that thinking for yourself is a sin so...............
Okay. Next time I'll use 'cow fluff'. :)
Whatever floats your boat.
My Dad says "My cow"
Post a Comment