Good news melamine probably won't kill you

Well the good news according to the FDA is IF you eat a slaughtered animal that consumed melamine ( we know hogs & chickens ate feed containing melamine) it probably won't kill you. The bad news more then likely you have eaten some product containing melamine. At this point going to buy groceries is a guilt-ridden, anxiety producing exercise. If I buy the wrong thing I may not only kill my surviving pets but my children, my hubby and myself. It's enough to give this SAHM a nervous break down. I guess my reading glasses will be going with me to the store, so I can read the fine print on everything.

Several bloggers mentioned they are sticking with fresh produce; but remember the spinach scare awhile back. Doesn't seem any of our food is 100% safe to eat. Oh well at least I won't have to worry about swim suit season at this rate there won't be enough food on the 'safe' list to tempt me to go off my diet. Preferably a melamine free diet.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ooh...that is good news. Sucks that we have to worry about stuff like that.

I just switched our dog off of her dry food (Pedigree) and onto a raw food diet. Sounds extreme but it really isn't. The dry food was slowly making her allergic and sick.

Alastriona, The Cats and Dogs said...

I tried home cooking (including the raw food diet) for Sockie~Pooh, but he turned his nose up at my cooking.

So we are sticking with the dry cat food he likes (which so far isn't on the re-call list, I check every day) and some canned (people) stuff like salmon, shrimp & chicken breast. But who knows if it's safe?

Me & the kids had a ham and cheese omelet for breakfast so if you don't hear from me you'll know the ham got me.