Chicken Little, Baptist Style ~ The Atheist & Muslims are coming!!!!
Watergate figure Chuck Colson warned a gathering of Southern Baptist pastors Sunday night against what he described as two dire threats: the deadly marriage of Islam and fascism and a new, militant atheism growing in popularity in the West.
Labels:
bibleholics,
Christian Fundamentalist,
theology
Hershey (black kitten), Oreo (black & white kitten), Yin (black), Yang (white with black spots), Slippy (gray tabby) , & Dogs Ladybug (collie) and Maize plus our Mom Sandra
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
I tend to see militant atheism as a reaction to obnoxious christian fundies so maybe if that dude sat down and shut up he wouldn't have to worry?:)
Extremists who would impose their own personal worldview on everyone scare me- whether they are Christian Dominionists, Islamists, or militant atheists. Our Constitution guarantees the freedom *OF* religion, not freedom *FROM* religion. For all that religion gets a bum rap from certain atheists like Dawkins, Hitchens, and Harris, many of the absolute worst regimes in history have been secular ones- Nazi Germany, Stalinist Soviet Union, Maoist China, the Communist Khmer Rouge in Cambodia, etc.
I do not want to live in a theocracy, even one run by my own faith. While my religious beliefs are very important to me and I hope that people will come to embrace them voluntarily, I would not support imposing them on others by force. I don't think that would be in the spirit of what the founder of my faith taught. People should be free to worship if and how they choose with no interference from the government.
I couldn't have said it better crimson wife.
I can only wonder what all the militant atheists are so afraid of?
After all according to them God doesn't exist, so how does it HARM them if I believe in him.
Post a Comment