
Pet food scandal ignites blogosphere By Elizabeth Weise, USA TODAY
Animal lovers frustrated with the limitations of the news media have mobilized into a national network of bloggers to share news about the foods that may have killed thousands of pets across the country.
Animal lovers frustrated with the limitations of the news media have mobilized into a national network of bloggers to share news about the foods that may have killed thousands of pets across the country.
Did they honestly expect us to set idly by while the mainstream media continued to report only 16 pet deaths, when we knew thousands of pets had been murdered by Menu Foods?
Whiskers died March 9, 2007 after being feed Special Kitty pouch cat food that was on the recall list. Of course we didn't know about the recall when we had to make the painful decision to put him to sleep due to 75% kidney failure. All we knew was that our cat that had been healthy March 5th when we took him to the vet for his annual checkup and shots was dying. Imagine my horror when a week later I learned that I had bought and feed him poisoned food. It was too late to save him but I don't want another pet or another pet owner to have to go through that. So I'll do what I can. And I know that there are thousands of other bloggers that feel the same way.
No comments:
Post a Comment