PolitiCalypso speaks out about the flap with Dave "Mudcat" Saunders' post "Go Ahead And Shoot At Me".
I am sure it is difficult to relate to people who live in a completely different manner than what one is used to. In the book To Kill a Mockingbird (set in a small town in Alabama, incidentally), progressive lawyer Atticus Finch advises his children not to judge anyone until they've walked a mile in their shoes. It's a lesson that many people on the Internet could learn.
As a white southerner I am so tired of being saddled with negative stereotypes merely because I was born and choose to live in a certain state. Those same liberals that bash southerners bash homeschoolers because they are convinced we are all religious fundamentalist so the negative stereotypes multiply, maybe if they tried walking in our shoes they would learn something.
No comments:
Post a Comment