Stolen Movie Shown in Public School

He doesn't want to be an ogre about it, but the father of a fifth-grader thinks teachers are wasting time when they show movies in class - and if the film is a bootleg, he says, "That's a really terrible lesson."

Tim Trewhella, 46, said his 10-year-old daughter reported that her class watched the animated movie "Shrek the Third" on Tuesday and recognized it as the fairy-tale hit still showing in theaters.


He said going public "might be making this unpleasant for the school district. But as a taxpayer and a parent, I don't want my dollars going for movies. It's the teacher's job to make the educational stuff interesting."

I don't want my tax dollars going for movies either. Read the rest of the article in The Sun Herald.

2 comments:

Nance Confer said...

They are probably finished with "the educational stuff" for the year. The testing season is likely over and the rest of the year is for some sort of humane and fun activities.

Nance

Alastriona, The Cats and Dogs said...

If they are finished with the 'educational stuff' why not end school, so the prisoners (I meant students) can spend time with their family? not to mention save tax payers money. I have no objection to funding education, I do object to funding day care, and bootlegged movies.