Thursday Thirteen ~#26





Thirteen Things about (Turkish Vans) Scylla & Charybdis





  1. The Turkish Van is an ancient and natural breed believed to have originated in the eastern part of Turkey .

  2. They are very active and playful.

  3. They will follow their favorite person all about. Charybdis follows me around like a puppy.

  4. They are very intelligent.

  5. They are very social. Scylla loves playing with Sockie-Pooh.

  6. They are very VOCAL.

  7. Their coat lacks an undercoat and has a very unique cashmere-like texture that makes it water-resistant.

  8. The Turkish Van takes three to five years to reach full maturity and is a large and agile cat of substantial strength.

  9. Many Vans are dedicated to fetching their particular object of interest, and many owners describe them as "dogs in a cat suit" because of their unusual personalities. Charybdis has a small ball that she will fetch.

  10. Charybdis and Scylla have mainly chalk white bodies with tortoiseshell markings on their tail and faces.(They have a few spots on their body).

  11. Scylla likes to sit in my lap.

  12. Charybdis and Scylla eat a lot

  13. We love Scylla and Charybdis.


14 comments:

Special K ~Toni said...

A social cat? Very good to know! Happy T13!
Air Force Wife

Anonymous said...

Thank you for the information. I love cats and will always look for anyone who has a similar feeling. These sound like they could be fun.

Crimson Wife said...

How cute! We had a Maine Coon growing up who thought she was a puppy. We even used to take her for walks on a leash several times per week...

Susan Helene Gottfried said...

My sister was going to get me Turkish Vans, but I wound up with Devon Rexes instead. They sound similar in a lot of ways; maybe next time around, I'll get the Vans.

Happy TT! And kiss those kitties for me!

pussreboots said...

Thank you for teaching me about Turkish Vans. Happy TT.

Nancy Lindquist-Liedel said...

I think I just fell in love with a new breed of cat.

Anonymous said...

Cute names for your furry babies :)

Happy Thursday dear!

Alastriona, The Cats and Dogs said...

We have enjoyed them a great deal. While they will never take Whiskers place they make me smile again.

Ed, they are so much fun. I love watching them play.

Everyone thank you for visiting my TT.

Lori said...

Great list....Happy TT.

MommaBoo said...

My Cleo Baby's A DSH, but we love her just the same!

Happy TT!

Liked your list!

Alastriona, The Cats and Dogs said...

Our Sockie~Pooh is a Domestic Short Hair. He is very sweet and shy. Maybe I'll do a TT about him soon.

Anonymous said...

I have always loved Turkish Vans :) Beautiful breed of cat.

Tink said...

I love Turkish Vans and they are beautiful. My kitties are already almost a year... time flies! have fun and enjoy Charybdis and Scylla!
Thanks for visiting my random TT!

Anonymous said...

Ah, kitties. We are the humans for three cats, and currently feeding an abandoned Siamese and some ferals. I am worried about what will happen to them when we move out.

I'm a new TTer, by the way. Hello.