The O'Reilly Factor Attacks Daily Kos

Read Welcome Fox Viewers! by DarkSyde

Bill O'Reilly (who should try reading Daily Kos before slamming it) described Daily Kos as a hate site. He seems unable to grasp the fact that anyone can submit a diary to Daily Kos. In fact Mr. O'Reilly say's , "An open forum is bull". Apparently having a site where anyone is free to express their opinion is bull to Mr. O'Reilly. I assume from Bill O'Reilly's remarks about an open forum that if you visit his site only remarks that he approves of will be posted. On the other hand Daily Kos is willing to let anyone express their opinion. Therefore all remarks are posted.

Keep up the good job Daily Kos, I may not agree with everyone who writes a diary on Daily Kos, but I appreciate the fact that we are all free to express our opinion. DarkSyde thanks for your spirited defense of Daily Kos, and for providing the link to the O'Reilly Factor segment, so we can see for ourselves what a jerk Bill O'Reilly is. In fact he was positively hateful in his Daily Kos bashing, perhaps we should label the O'Reilly Factor a hateful show?

2 comments:

JJ Ross said...

This may be one of those "false dichotomies" because I think Daily Kos bans people whose politics annoy them enough, and people who insult Markos personally.

I don't read at either of these sites, so I can't state this with certainty but that's the point, that neither one would be my ideal -- the DK impression is from people who come to Culture Kitchen and complain that they've been banned from DK (and yeah, they ARE usually annoying) and the O'Reilley impression is from way too many hours listening on radio and watching on cable tv.

Alastriona, The Cats and Dogs said...

I haven't had any problems posting or commenting a DK.

They do state up front that personal attacks, name calling, and insulting people isn't allowed. So I suppose if you get nasty you do get banned.