Pet Food Recall ~ The Uncounted Victims

From USA Today
The number of dogs and cats killed by contaminated pet food recalled this year will probably never be known, the Food and Drug Administration says.

The FDA received a record 18,000 consumer calls after the largest pet-food recall ever started in mid-March. Officials said in May about half alleged a pet death.


I know many people who tried to call, but were unable to get through to the FDA. I was able to get through but I was originally told to return the unopened pouches of food to the retailer I purchased them from or to discard them. Weeks later after I had already gotten rid of the food the FDA called back. The identification numbers of the pouches I had provided were on the recall list and could I please send them in ...............................


I don't suppose anyone will ever officially count Whiskers. He died a week before the recall, before anyone knew................................

No comments: