Hubby and I attended the political forum Monday night. This is a list of the candidates who spoke last night.
County Tax Collector
Joe Tucker (R)
Susan Powell (R)
Jim Sukiennik (R)
Mary Ann Fontenot
(Sadly neither of the women candidates made a very good impression and neither had the educational qualifications I feel are necessary for the job. Both of the men had university degrees.)
Constable ..........District 3
K. Shane Langfitt (R) - Incumbent
Shawn M. Senseney (D)
David Cole (R)
County Supervisor............District 4
Frank Leach (R) Incumbent
Chick Cody (R)
Tommy Brodnax (R)
Terry Armstrog (R)
Stacy Carmichael (R)
Ralph Cruthrids (D)
Charles Seymour (R)
Rich Barlow (R)
July 16th (6PM) at the Latimer Community Center we will hear from the candidates running for County Tax Assessor, County Prosecuting Attorney, Superintendent of Education, State Senate District 51, Chancery Clerk and County Sheriff.
Hopefully the rude people waving SAVE OUR WETLANDS posters will not be there. There political grandstanding was very distracting and they blocked my view of the speakers several times. At times I was unable to hear the candidates due to their behavior. The TV reporter who choose to interview one of them during a candidates speech showed an appalling lack of judgement. Those of us who came to the community center in order to listen to the candidates and make the important decision of who to vote for deserved to be able to hear their speeches without having to strain to hear over a reporter and a 'rabble rouser'. If the reporter couldn't wait for the end of the meeting to do the interview she should have at least conducted it outside. While I sympathize with their cause, I too want to save our wetlands, last night was not the place for their demonstration.
No comments:
Post a Comment