Morality versus Legality
by possum
Our society today has seen the continuing encroachment of law into private lives. We must stand firm and steadfast in resisting the encroachment of law into the arena of morality. Each is important to a healthy society, but both have purposes which must remain separate and apart.
As I read this I couldn't help but think of all those sheeple that want 'laws' to tell us what color slacks and shirts our children should wear in order to attend a public school (mandatory school uniforms). And those who want to legislate homeschooling because they don't understand it.
4 comments:
But sadly, Daily Kos-comfy frothing-at-the-mouth Dems have a mote in their own eyes when they scream about government intrusion into private family matters. They won't put their money where their frothy mouths are, when it comes to private citizen "choice" of freedom from government "education."
It's been my maddening experience that as a general rule, the left-er the politics, the righter and more righteous is a blogger's PS PC blather (public schooling political correctness.)
Unfortunately you are so RIGHT!!!! Why can't they just leave us alone???
Maybe the tide is turning a bit though? I saw Michael Moore on Jay Leno this week saying some almost FAIR and BALANCED, thoughtful things about how he approached his latest political film (on our health care systems) and how he had realized that hardball party rhetoric didn't really illuminate any issues or solve and problems.
I was stunned. Dunno yet whether to believe he's really learned anything and changed, because I've dismissed him as intellectually worthless for years. But at least he was publicly pretending to have changed, which maybe is a good sign of climate change? :)
Maybe more people will see the benefit to "the middle of the road" rather then extremism.
It's a nice thought anyway.
Post a Comment