FLY, STUDENTS, FLY by Daryl over at HE&OS.
And my humble rant..............................
I am sick and tired of hearing how public school kids have all this wonderful freedom (which obviously Al Neuharth hasn't been near a public school in awhile or he would know that most public school kids don't even have the freedom to pick out what color shirt they want to wear) while homeschoolers are tied down by their parents.
My response to this nonsense.
- Homeschooling allowed my eldest son to start college at 16.
- Homeschooling has allowed us to travel and see the world.
- Homeschooling has allowed my children to explore their interest.
- Homeschooling allows children to take flight when they are ready and soar above the clouds.
1 comment:
Alasandra,
Thanks so much for posting this! I'm amazed at the blatant assumptions Mr. Neuharth makes here. My major reaction is that he badly misunderstands homeschoolers. I very much want my children to fly. I just don't believe that pushing them out of the nest before they have their flight feathers is going to do anything but land them on the sidewalk for the neighbor's cat to feast on.
I linked to your post on my blog:
http://marcys-musings.blogspot.com/
Thanks again!
Post a Comment