Maria Montessori was born in the town of Chiaravalle, in the province of Ancona, Italy, in 1870, she became the first female physician in Italy upon her graduation from medical school in 1896.
5 comments:
Anonymous
said...
I grew up hearing stories of Dr. Montressori, as my immigrant great aunts were from the village next to hers in Italy. "YOu are so smart, Miamo. You will be the one to grow up and go to college and be like Dr. Montressori." I wonder how much of that early belief helped shape my college-bound goals. Amazing to me years later to discover her educational teachings!
5 comments:
I grew up hearing stories of Dr. Montressori, as my immigrant great aunts were from the village next to hers in Italy. "YOu are so smart, Miamo. You will be the one to grow up and go to college and be like Dr. Montressori."
I wonder how much of that early belief helped shape my college-bound goals. Amazing to me years later to discover her educational teachings!
Being a homeschooler I had heard of her educational teachings, but I had no idea how much else she had accomplished. She is a very fascinating lady.
How neat that your Aunts had a connection to her.
I just came across an excellent source (www.TorontoParentsGuide.com ) of searching a list of leading Private Schools and Montessori Schools in Toronto area and their academic activities!
Post a Comment