Katrina made its second landfall at 6:10 a.m. CDT
[2] on
August 29 as a Category 3 hurricane with sustained winds of 125 mph (205 km/h) near
Buras-Triumph, Louisiana. At landfall, hurricane-force winds extended outward 120 miles (190 km) from the center and the storm's central pressure was 920 mbar. After moving over southeastern Louisiana and
Breton Sound, it made its third landfall near the Louisiana/Mississippi border with 120 mph (195 km/h) sustained winds, still at Category 3 intensity.
[2]Katrina maintained hurricane strength well into Mississippi, but weakened thereafter, finally losing hurricane strength more than 150 miles (240 km) inland near
Meridian, Mississippi. (We had evacuated to Meridian and it was really bad there).
9 comments:
Sorry for putting this here where it’s off-topic, but I can’t find a better place and I thought you may be interested: Creationist to speak at Bethel Christian Academy http://www.gulflive.com/news/mississippipress/index.ssf?/base/news/1186049823240200.xml
I know I’m going to try and make it if I can.
very timely list!
and everybody things August is a pretty boring month. You showed it to be different
Very interesting list! Thanks for sharing! :) Happy T13!
Butch,
Thanks for leaving the info about the creationist speaking at Bethel Christian Academy.
Maybe I'll see you there. Although I am very busy this month getting eldest ready for college.
Enjoyed your letter to the editor encouraging Southerners to travel more.
Very interesting facts! I knew some, but definitely not all.
Thanks for visiting my geography TT!
Awesome blog! August is much more interesting than I thought.
These days we call rulers who change the names of the months silly back then they seem to have gotten away with it without anyone blinking...
Lots of interesting facts about the month of August! Thanks for sharing. :)
Post a Comment