Thursday Thirteen The Whiskers Memorial Butterfly Garden




Thirteen Things Growing in the Whiskers' Memorial Butterfly Garden







  1. Canna Lillies (yellow, peach & red)

  2. Calla Lillies (white & pink)



  3. Japanese Wisteria (purple) we also have a white wisteria.











  4. August Butterfly Garden



    We need rain. Everything is beginning to look dry, other then that the garden is doing great and as planned something is always blooming. We have several butterflies, birds, and dragonflies that are regular vistors. I have been unable to get a picture of the hummingbirds (they are fast darn it). We have a whole pile of caterpillars in the oak tree, which will soon be leafless. You can actually hear the caterpillars chewing when you walk under the tree.





17 comments:

Sandee said...

I'm not ready for all. I loved your slideshow. Beautiful. Yes, it's tough to get shot of hummingbirds isn't it! Have a great TT. :)

Susan Helene Gottfried said...

Oh, it's gorgeous!!!

Anonymous said...

Butterfly gardens are so peaceful. I went to the one at the Bronx Zoo a last month.

Lori said...

Wow...sounds like an awesome garden:) Happy TT.

Anonymous said...

I can't wait to move so I can have a garden...

But enough of my pouting. It was lovely enough to see yours.

Thank you.

~X

Anonymous said...

How lovely it has grown! I hope it has been healing for you.

Alastriona, The Cats and Dogs said...

It has helped us heal. It is such a peaceful spot, with the butterflies flitting around and the birds chirping.

The cats love playing down there, they like hiding in all the greenery.

Daisy said...

We had Encore Azaleas in our garden when we lived in Virginia. We have hibiscus and gardenias now here in Florida. You sure have a pretty garden. I would like to play there!

Moondancer said...

Love the list. Sound like you have a wonderful garden. Hard work.

Today is my first day doing TT, so love to have you come visit.

http://moondancerdrake.livejournal.com

Dragonheart, Merlin, Devi, and Chloe said...

How beautiful! What a wonderful tribute to Whisker's memory.

Samantha & Mom said...

We like flowers, but Mom has a brown thumb and most of hers don't survive. Your slideshow was great. And yes, that is me sitting on the side bar.(Samantha) Thanks for stopping by and post a picture of your cats so we can meet them. Happy TT!
Your FL furiends,

Samantha & Mom said...

We like flowers, but Mom has a brown thumb and most of hers don't survive. Your slideshow was great. And yes, that is me sitting on the side bar.(Samantha) Thanks for stopping by and post a picture of your cats so we can meet them. Happy TT!
Your FL furiends,
and Mom

Janet said...

I have a garden for my cat, Molly, who passed a few years ago! Mint grows there, and basil, sage, strawberries, tomatoes and jalapenos!

Unknown said...

Absolutely beautiful!

Alastriona, The Cats and Dogs said...

Janet you garden sounds nice too. I want to get some catmint.

Daisy, Charybdis & Scylla said they would love for you to play in the garden with them. Especially if you are a nice big cat like Socks and let them pounce on you.

Samantha & Tigger pics have been posted, and Charybdis & Scylla even wrote the post to go with the pics.

Alastriona, The Cats and Dogs said...

Everyone thank you for visiting my TT.

Tink said...

Really beautiful!!
Thanks for visiting my activities TT.