Eldest has been coming home on the weekends. One of the advantages of going to a college close to home. I have been trying to make his homecoming on Friday special by cooking a special meal complete with desert. Last weekend after learning that he is subsisting on the snack meals I bought him I also decided to cook Cranberry Pumpkin Bread for breakfast Saturday. Unfortunately I forgot one of the main ingredients, SUGAR. Actually even without the sugar it didn't taste too bad, we just sprinkled some powdered sugar on top to make up for my 'senior moment'.
This weekend I haven't been as ambitious, but I did stock up on snack meals at Wal-mart for him to take back, who knew that "ice-cream and other food cost money". The sheer horror in his voice was hilarious.
2 comments:
This is a serious bonus to staying close by. I know my kids have this in the back of their minds already. My grandmother did the same for me, even buying me 2 sets of tupperware to bring home with me. I only had to call by the Wed. before and I traded an empty set for one filled with lasagna, homemade soup and meatloaf. How spoiled was I? ;)
and then there is the laundry angle. He brings home a hamper of dirty laundry and takes a hamper of clean laundry back. How spoilt is that????
But he did keep his job at the pizza joint so he is at work now. I hope it doesn't wind up being too much for him.
Post a Comment