
Chapter 6
Sandpiper goes to the beach with Rachel (her son to be step-sister). Derek, Andrew and Hamilton are at the beach and they hassle Sandpiper, they also threaten Daisy. Sandpiper is really scared of them and wishes she had someone to talk to. Rachel meets a guy (Mark) at the beach, and agrees to go out to dinner with him.
Sandpiper goes to the beach with Rachel (her son to be step-sister). Derek, Andrew and Hamilton are at the beach and they hassle Sandpiper, they also threaten Daisy. Sandpiper is really scared of them and wishes she had someone to talk to. Rachel meets a guy (Mark) at the beach, and agrees to go out to dinner with him.
Chapter 7
Sandpiper finds "Walker" and confides in him. He tell her she need to tell Daisy, so that Daisy will be wary of the 3 jerks.
Sandpiper finds "Walker" and confides in him. He tell her she need to tell Daisy, so that Daisy will be wary of the 3 jerks.
Chapter 8
Daisy reveals that everyone at school knows that Sandpiper gives head and that she is humiliated to be her sister (some language that people might find objectionable). Adrienne tells Colleen that she doesn't want to be in the wedding.
Cocking a Snook!, brings us Family and Politics: Ann Patchett’s New Book at Last! just in time for Banned Books week.
2 comments:
Hey, thanks for the new link!
If our posts this week introduce Ann Patchett to some of your readers, I hope they'll see what I see in the characters she creates, and revel in her power of story even half as much as I do.
I just bought her new one ("Run") last night and haven't started it yet, but "Bel Canto" is SO GOOD, a sort of fairy tale like the old ones before they got prettied up and dumbed down, with really scary witches and wolves (terrorists) -- the everyday heroes are able to understand each other and help each other face the villains, by facing their own fears and taking a chance on each other. Sort of. I read it after 9/11 and it helped me put some vague, panicky fears into a better perspective. To feel more hope for the human race and for love, and less fear for the future of humanity. Also less fear of people so different from me that I can't understand a word they say. :)
Anyone who would censor that should be, well, not censored but -- mocked as a fool or stoned as a charletan? :)
p.s. I'm really enjoying your chapter by chapter banned book report!
You are welcome for the link.
I have Ann Patchett down on my list of books to check out. Unfortunately it is a very LONG list. I need more time to read. Your description of "Bel Canto" has inspired me to read it, if I can get it at the library. I simply can't buy anymore books right now.
I am glad you are enjoying the chapter by chapter report on Sandpiper. I have found so much worthwhile in this book, I think it is a shame Granny & Granddaughter are trying to keep it from teens.
First and foremost no matter what a girl has done with you or another guy she still has the right to say NO.
My chapter by chapter report doesn't do the book justice. The book really delves into feelings. Andrew explained to Piper that she hurt his feelings when she broke up with him. Piper had never realized that.
Post a Comment