Whiskers Butterfly Garden ~ October

The Queen Ann's lace has been dying off, so I planted some purple heart in the same bed. I love having azaleas blooming this time of year. The Baccharis halimifolia L. , also know as Groundsel Tree, Silverling, Sea Myrtle, & Consumption Weed, we left in the garden is a lovely sea of white. The butterflies are still daily visitors, and there and tons of bees, dragonflies and birds that drop in for visits too. I am having problems with the solar fountain. When I was down there Friday it was working, due to the ACT I was unable to visit Saturday, but when I went down there at noon today it wasn't working. The solar panel was getting plenty of sun and appeared to be working, the basin was full of water, but the pump wasn't working and everything was connected, so I am at a loss as to what the problem is.

4 comments:

Angela said...

It looks lovely! Everything here is dead by the chrysanthemums...so it is nice to see some flowers!

You've done a lovely job with that project!

Alastriona, The Cats and Dogs said...

Thank you! Angela.

That is one of the nicest things about living in the South you have flowers blooming all year. This is the first year we have had Camillas so I am really hoping they will bloom this winter (I am anxious to see what color they actually are). I always love going to get my hair fixed in January and February because they have a HUGE pink Camilla that is full of blooms right outside the shop. Mine are still babies, but I am hoping for at least one or two blooms this year.

Daisy said...

I love your butterfly garden, it's so pretty. My favorite flowers are the really big pink ones. I do not know their names though.

Alastriona, The Cats and Dogs said...

Hi Daisy, the really Big Pink Flowers are called Confederate Roses. They are a type of hibiscus.
http://aggie-horticulture.tamu.edu/southerngarden/hibiscus.html

They are really easy to grow here. Our Grandpa gave them to Mommy.

~ Scylla