How can anyone expect me to choose just nine books. There are so many wonderful books out there, some are old friends and some have yet to be discovered. But here is my attempt at nine books everyone should have a nodding acquaintance with. I would have included Gone with the Wind, but Cocking a Snook! had already listed it.
- Atlas Shrugged by Ayn Rand
- Love & War by John Jakes -It's part of a trilogy, so in all honesty all three books should be included.
- Lord of the Rings by Tolkien - this is the book my boys fell in love with.
- Artemis Fowl - It's a delightfully humorous series. Artemis is the perfect criminal mastermind with a heart of gold.
- The Dreams in the Witch House by Lovecraft - perfectly spooky tales that are weird.
- Since everyone needs humor in their lives something by Patrick F. McManus.
- Riding Lessons by Sara Gruen (link to my book review, it has a sequel Flying Changes).
- The Language of God by Francis S. Collins (link to my book review).
- The Bible According to Mark Twain
2 comments:
Of course all sorts of books besides the nine I listed, are clamoring for my vote now! :)
You sound like me. No sooner had I posted my list, then I thought of another terrific book I should have included.
This is a fun way to find out what my favourite bloggers are reading/have read.
Post a Comment