First off let me state that I am totally against the draft, but as long as boys are required to sign up for selective service when they turn 18 girls should have to sign up too.
Earlier this summer, I found out that our government is trying to get a law passed that girls 18 and older have to register for the draft. WHAT?!?!
This apparently is what she is referring too.
The chief of the Selective Service System has proposed registering women for the military draft and requiring that young Americans regularly inform the government about whether they have training in niche specialties needed in the armed services.
I am just a little torqued... That is totally scary!! I just turned 18 and there is no way I am going into the army, navy, marines or anything else. That is wrong that they can mandate that I have to serve in the armed forces. That goes against my rights.
Why do girls have more rights then boys? I am seriously torqued that my eldest son had to sign up for selective service and my youngest son will have too soon.
As if the post wasn't bad enough there was this inane comment.
Commented by totustuus
It's ironic that you posted this because we were just talking about it in our PSR (Sunday School) classes yesterday. That would be AWFUL if they required women to turn in a draft form!!! Men are supposed to protect the country in war, not women.
Why are men suppose to protect the country and not women? Considering that women want the right to be employed in whatever field they choose they should be willing to register for the draft. The current state of forcing males to register while females are not required to is discrimination pure and simple.
And what did this post have to do with homeschooling? I found it via the CoH.
No comments:
Post a Comment