Thirteen Things about November
November 1 is called November Day (Lá Samhna) in Celtic tradition and is thus named in the Irish Calendar, where the month is called Mí na Samhna.
Americans celebrate the Thanksgiving holiday on the fourth Thursday of November, with the Friday after being an unofficial day off from work for many and known as " Black Friday."
Yellow Topaz is an alternate gemstone for those born in November.
November's gemstone is Citrine.
November's Flower is the Chrysanthemum.
November 6, 1861 Jefferson Davis was elected President of the Confederacy.
|
5 comments:
That was furry interesting information - nice TT!
Is citrine the same as topaz? I thought that was the November stone (?)
Interesting list of facts, including some I didn't know.
Damozel,
Citrine and topaz are different gemstones, but look similar. Both can be used for November birthstones. I am going to be doing TT's on both citrine and topaz later this month if you are interested.
Kimo & Sabi, thank you for visiting.
My birthday falls in November so I have always liked the month!
Happy Birthday, Nicholas!
Post a Comment