Well, I have found a baby, less than a year old, that tops the muscle man. Why? you ask….Well, this child is so amazing that she already is reading and writing!How do I know? you ask. Well, because she has a BLOG! And her mother and 2 oldest sisters have said that they were going to respect the new rules of the HBA and withdraw any blogs that they write from consideration. AND THIS ONE IS STILL IN THE RUNNING FOR NEW BLOG! So this wondrous child must be writing it all by her 8 month old self!!
Somehow, I am just finding out. The major news sources are letting me down big time here. The Raspberry Pixie Muffin (which I am linking to for my readers convenience), shows great promise considering it's author is only 8 months old. Not only can she read and write, but she has mastered uploading photographs. This is an amazing feat for one so young. If you want to vote in those "other" HSBA she is still in the running for New Blog. I do question the wisdom of letting a child so young lose on the Internet, but I am sure her family has tons of filters installed that wouldn't let anything inappropriate pop up on the little raspberry's monitor.
Her big sister SuperAngel (aka Amanda) is a bit put out that she was disqualified.
As I am sure you have noticed(actually I hadn't), I was removed from the (other) Homeschool Blog Awards (Nobody nominated the poor thing for the AHSBA - see side bar to vote for your favourite blog).
As was Mom, Jocelyn and all the other HSBA team members. It seems that some people just can't stand that the best bloggers in the blogosphere not only head up the HSBA, but were also in the running for the awards. Therefore, "they", the disgruntled sour losers, not only were bashing the whole HSBA team, more specifically Sprittibee, but "they" also had to bring in legalities.
Apparently when she is the one being excluded 'it's not fair', 'it's because of disgruntle sour losers' , 'it's no longer noble' .
The HSBA's were made up to award the best (Christian Bloggers) among us (Gays, Lesbians, Atheist, and anyone who doesn't have a family friendly G rated blog is excluded). They are for the people, by the people. We, "HSBA team", do not pick the winners of each category (we merely pick who you will have a chance to vote for). You the people do. Yes, there is a chance we could cheat, but you know from reading our blogs that doing that would not be in our character.
Hmmmmmmmmm.....let me think about that.
What really upsets me is that it couldn't just be a fun awards without all the fine print. I mean, who really wants to be in an awards election with all that fine print to read beforehand?? It saddens me that it had to come to this.
Excuse me, but it was the HSBA team (which SuperAngel is apparently a part of) that started making all the rules, deciding what homeschool bloggers were 'good enough' to be nominated for their award. The fact that they were excluding some wonderful homeschool bloggers because they didn't care for their lifestyle or personal beliefs is what stirred up all the controversy. Personally I don't think they did it maliciously, I think it was a thoughtless act that came back to bite them. Now that other HSBA is so mired in controversy it's meaningless.
10 comments:
I think any original intent behind the exclusion of bloggers is beside the point now. It's the immaturity ( the whining, the ignorance of basic ethics) that I can't get over. And it seems to be a group thing. A cultural thing?
Blech.
What amazes me is how they keep stepping in it. I haven't really been keeping up with it, but it seems they have changed the rules more then a few times and then they still do something stupid like include an 8 month baby's blog when they say that no one on the HSBA team is eligible for the award and everyone knows baby's Mom & Sisters are on the team. How stupid can you get???
Why make rules if you are going to break them?
I am sure they are going to cry foul because someone noticed and had the audacity to bring it to our attention.
Then as you pointed out there is the whining.
Oh, it gets better.
I was poking around the Raspberry when I discovered that there are posts from BEFORE she was born.
And the mom goes ahead and signs them!
Prolly ought to change the title to SuperBabyAngelSeekingRestOnThePathBetweenNaps.
They'll win those yummy prizes yet!
Love your idea for a title Doc, I am still LOL.
Meg, at this point I am speechless. Why don't they just go ahead and announce the awards are only for certain bloggers and be done with it. I would have more respect for them if they would be honest about their desire to only recognize Christian Bloggers; instead of pretending the awards are open to any homeschool blogger then trying to design rules (that even they apparently can't remember or stick too) to exclude those bloggers they don't like.
Speechless is me, after reading Sprittibee's response to Meg's concern about the infant blogger.
I give a flying pancake.
Doc, I am dying to know what she said.
I mean how do you defend that???
This whole HSBA thing is getting stranger and stranger...
Sprittibee's response.
Sprittibee has a history of deleting these kinds of exchanges. In a sense, she says "so what?".
I can't begin to imagine how this can be explained. Not just this most recent incident, but the entire process by which a group of people who view themselves as Christians, and therefore moral and righteous, can explain their behavior. And furthermore, how they find support.
Well at least she hasn't deleted it yet, but I agree her response leaves a lot to be desired.
It seems to me that the ethical thing to do would have been to remove the blog, even if she doesn't think it has a chance of winning.
Thanks for providing the link Doc.
Post a Comment