A report called "Homeschooling Grows Up" by the National Home Education Research Institute suggests that homeschoolers tend to reach higher levels of education than the general population.
For example, according to the report, 50 percent of homeschoolers have some college education but no degree compared to 34 percent of the general population; 9 percent of homeschoolers have an associate's degree compared to 4 percent of the general population; and 12 percent of homeschoolers have a bachelor's degree compared to 8 percent of the general population.
2 comments:
Hmmm, those numbers don't look right to me. Where does NHRI get 8% of the population having a bachelor's degree? The 2006 Census figure is 27.2% according to a recent article on MSN Encarta.
I'd certainly believe that HS are more likely that the average to attend and graduate from college, but I'm skeptical of the quoted statistic...
Now that you mention it, the figures do seem off. Time to do some research when I get a chance.
Post a Comment