Mancat Monday

The Glads are blooming, they always make us GLAD.

The Coral Bean looks GREAT, so glad Mommy gotted one for us.

Me, well the vet stole my bloods and did some test and I has been diagnosed with hyperthyroidism. The only symptom I had was increased appetite without weight gain. I has been eating my food, Scylla's food, Tuiren's food, Fenris' food and stealing the humans food off the table. I even started eating Mommy's Candy Corn Cuphea. Turns out some species of Cuphea are used to produce cuphea oil, of interest as sources of medium-chain triglycerides. For most purposes, cuphea oil is identical to coconut oil and palm oil. Mommy thinks it is kinda interesting that it was the only one of her plants I was devouring and it actually is a food source. 

I passed my physical with flying colors my thyroid isn't noticeably enlarged, my coat looks great, my teeth are in good shape. I was just eating a lot and not gaining weight. So Mommy took the veterinarian's advice and had them do blood work. The blood work came back with my T stuffs off the charts and one of my liver things was out of whack. We are hoping once my thyroid gets under control the liver thing will go back to it's normal range. For now I am taking a pill twice a day. I will go back for them to steal my bloods again in a few weeks to see how the medication is working. We will keep you updated on my prognosis. For now it is all good. Thanks to the blood work screening this was caught before I started showing any physical symptoms.  ~Socks, reporting for Alasandra, The Cats and Dogs

16 comments:

Mark's Mews (Marley, Lori, Loki, and Binq) said...

How come we seem to get all these problems an the Beins who live longer don't? This doesnt seem fair at all!

Old Kitty said...

Awwww sweet Socks! You are a very brave handsome boy! We send you many healing hugs and purrs! Take care
x

SeaThreePeeO said...

We hope you get better soon Socks and they'll be no more trips to the v-e-t.

The Paw Relations

Cherry City Kitties said...

You sound like you gots a handle on it Socks! We'll keep you in our purrs.

Hannah and Lucy said...

We hope your medication makes you all better soon Socks.
Luv Hannah and Lucy xx xx

Brian's Home Blog said...

We are all sending you our best purrs Sock! We know you will be good and follow instructions!

Terri said...

We're glad you've been diagnosed and are receiving treatment. We're sending lots of hugs and purrs that your medication will work well.

Pee ess: We love your gladiolas :)

Anonymous said...

Please get well soon, Socks. I will cross my paws for you

Unknown said...

Sure hope you start to respond to your meds soon Socks. You're lookin' good!!
Love Hugs & Purrs,
Kitty

Layla Morgan Wilde ( Cat Wisdom 101) said...

You look like my gray boy Gris Gris who is borderline hyperthyroid. Caught early it's an easy disease to treat but needs monitoring. Sending purrs for quick balancing of T-levels.

♥♥ The OP Pack ♥♥ said...

Ciara has just recently been diagnosed with border line low thyroid, just like her big bro TD. Her only symptoms are lots and lots and lots of shedding and weight gain. She joins TD on soloxine now forever. Hope your meds do the trick for you too, Socks.

Woos - Phantom, Thunder, Ciara, and Lightning

Two French Bulldogs said...

Paws crossed for you socks
Benny & Lily

The Florida Furkids said...

We're purring and praying that your meds work and you're better soon.

The Florida Furkids

AnimalPal said...

Hyperthyroidism seems to be fairly common it cats. The meds can work well though!

Quill and Greyson said...

Finny had the same problem but the medicine really helped!

Timmy Tomcat said...

Well Socks we are not happy you have this quite common cat ailment but we are Very happy that it was caught so early.
If only all kitties had good peeps like us who know us so well they know when to take us to the v-e-t.
We will be purring for you Dood!
Timmy and Family, Dad too! (no he won't be purring)