Sunday Selfie Miss Yin

 

Wednesday August 17th was Black Cat Appreciation Day. We meant to participate but Mom got her dates confused so we are posting my pictures today. (Sigh) Mom was playing with the camera again.


I have been very fortunate. I was born into a cat colony. But when they trapped my birth Mother even though they released her once they saw she had nursing kittens she ran off. Mom's friend Miss Tammy asked Mom to keep us for the weekend, until the rescuer could take me and Yang on Monday. Mom realized we were sick right away and took us to the vet. And luckily for us the rescuer refused to take us since we were sick so Mom got stuck with us. 

 

I would like to say I quickly won their hearts but I was rather aloof when we first came to live here.  But then Yang got sick and Mom took him off (to the ER vet) I was so worried about him and so scared being alone that I stuck to Mom like glue. She has been my person ever since.

 

I think this makes a good selfie, what do you think? Mom says at home I am the most gentle of all the cats. I even let the grandkids pet me. 


At the vet I am a wildcat that even CK would be proud of. I know some of my new friends may not know this but I am actually a published author. You can purchase Black Cats Tell All on Amazon. Our friend and fellow cat blogger Layla Morgan Wilde authored the book in order to help shelter cats. When you purchase the book  a portion of every book sale is donated to help shelter cats, and you will probably recognize many of the cats meowing their stories in the book. Miss Yin, reporting for ATCAD

15 comments:

Mickey's Musings said...

Yin, that is a pawsome selfie :)
I enjoyed your story. You really got a good home and I am happy that you(and Yang) are so happy! The rescuers not taking you as you were sick...seriously?!!!! Maybe that was a good thing as you have a good home now!
Purrs, Julie

Erin the Cat Princess said...

That is a most excellent selfie, as well as a most excellent book by a very skilled catlady!
You certainly have a wonderful home there, as well as a great family, feline and human.
Purrs
ERin

meowmeowmans said...

Yin, we love your beautiful selfie, and your story is so wonderful!

The J-Cats said...

You took a beautiful selfie, Miss Yin!
What a big garden you have!

Catscue Cat Mom said...

Yin, that was an amazing story - I'm so glad you both got well and are in a home with lots of love. Your selfie is beautiful!

The Florida Furkids said...

That's a great selfie. Happy (belated) Black Cat Appreciation Day.

Basil and The B Team ~ BionicBasil ® said...

Supurr selfie Miss Yin, and we loved reading about your kittenhood!

Millie and Walter said...

What lovely pictures of you today, Yin. You sure were lucky to have landed where you did. You and Yang found the perfect home for you both.

Brian's Home Blog said...

Such wonderful photos and a beautiful selfie Miss Yin!

pilch92 said...

You are truly blessed. I wish all black kitties were so lucky. XO

Alastriona, The Cats and Dogs said...

Thank you so much everyone. ~Miss Yin

Ruby Rose and the Big Little Angels 3 said...

They are all beautiful but I love the top one

Meezer's Mews & Terrieristical Woofs said...

Yin, you are a most beauteous Black Panther kitty!!

Loulou said...

WELL, I AM ONE GORGEOUS SELFIE SUBJECT!!!

Basil and The B Team ~ BionicBasil ® said...

Beautiful selfie Miss Yin, and we have several copies of Black Cats Tell All as Parsley is in there too!