Fountainbleu Nature Trail (Part 2)

 

I wish I had captured the sounds as there were lots of birds chirping during our hike. I really enjoyed the shady glades with the ferns as it got pretty warm.



The habitat is known as a Pine Savanna and it's very important to our ecosystem. You can read more about it here. The Mississippi Sandhill Crane National Wildlife Refuge does controlled burns to help the pines. 



I really want to do another hike soon as you see different things as different times of the year. 


I think this is a wild hydrangea. I really wish I had taken notes during the hike. ~Sandra, reporting for ATCAD

4 comments:

easyweimaraner said...

we bet it was a wonderful place... and it got this name after a beautiful part of france, because it has the same beautiful things...

Alastriona, The Cats and Dogs said...

Mom says she would like to visit France. A lot of things down here have French/Spanish names as the French and Spanish were here before the English and Americans.

pilch92 said...

Beautiful. Thanks for sharing photos. XO

Millie and Walter said...

That looks like a wonderful place for a hike.