Candlesticks

This is what the candlesticks looked like starting out.

I had to glue one back together. When I was cleaning them I discovered the melted wax was hiding where they were previously glued. 

 

I used chalk paint in a spray can to create the base coat.

As you can see the color looks different inside the house compared to in the sunlight.





Once I got the base painted it was time for the detail work.




I used oil paint markers for the detail work, they worked fabulously and I will definitely use them again if I ever do something similar. 






I hope you enjoyed seeing my candlestick project. I used them in the wedding. ~Sandra
 

5 comments:

The Florida Furkids said...

Wow, you did a fabulous job!

Walter & Angel Millie said...

What a fabulous transformation! I would be afraid to mess up that beautiful detail work you did.

Alastriona, The Cats and Dogs said...

Thank you, Sandra

Alastriona, The Cats and Dogs said...

Thanks, it was actually like coloring. with the pens. I don't think I could have done it with a brush.

Meezer's Mews & Terrieristical Woofs said...

Those are very beautiful, and such detail...I bet it took you hours and hours to do all that detailing.