From The Blog World

Mother Crone is looking for a new approach to American History. I posted on this very issue at Home~Schoolers Rule in my post In Search of Amerincan History , American History Resource ~Leading Facts of American History and Let's Teach History Not Fairy Tales

HEM has a chilling post about mental health screening.

Heads up with our homeschooled families’ perfectly unique and mentally healthy brains intact, even with the push for ‘experts’ to poke around to determine whether they approve or not. I’ve been following the increasing states-wide and federal convergence of social/emotional goals with the use of questionable surveys such as TeenScreen. In Indiana, without parental consent or knowledge, the results of the survey ended with 2 diagnoses of a 15 year old girl (and a federal lawsuit) that should get your attention. Missouri has legislation introduced by Senator Days to have children “ready to learn”. “Ready for school” takes on a new meaning when it revolves around newborns on up.

HE&OS offers this Straw Men post on the same issue.

HEM posted on the homeschool issue in France, in French Legislators, E-Alerts and the Twelve Tribes.

PBS Profiles Homeschool Movement apparently buys into the myth that all homeschoolers homeschool for religious reasons.

And Life Without School ask What is your perspective?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thanks, Alasandra, for all of these new links.

I hadn't seen the ethics daily article following up on the PBS coverage. What I found even more interesting was the site ED cited with this quote one of the biggest homeschool stories to hit mainstream media was from the homeschool-advocacy group right-mind.us?! (That was the one I hunted down anyway.)
Oh, brother. Wish these reporters would do a little research.

Alastriona, The Cats and Dogs said...

You are welcome for the links.

Apparently teaching research skills is one of the things that has fallen by the wayside in public schools if some of today's reporters are anything to go by.