Home Made Cat Food

No longer trusting the pet food manufacturers to provide safe & healthy pet food for my surviving cat, I have decided to make my own cat food. These sites have proved helpful in this endeavor.

Natural & Healthy Pet Food Recipes
Pets

3 comments:

XYZ Recipe Girl said...

I think this is wise. So far, I've fed my kitty 50% home made and 50% store bought (carefully store-bought, i.e. Gerber baby food turkey stage 2, cat food where the meat/fish are the #1 ingredient, not corn or wheat) - and I am switching to 100% home prepared based on my # rule for life, "If you can't stand the answer..." I also heard that Nutravin saved a lot of animals during this pet poisoning disaster.

Alastriona, The Cats and Dogs said...

Alas Sockie-Pooh my surviving cat doesn't care for my cooking. So like you we are doing 50% store bought mainly dried cat food. And looking hard at the ingredients and doing the people tuna, salmon, shrimp etc.

I think part of the problem with the recipes is most called for chicken or beef and Sockie-Pooh doesn't care for either. He is a seafood guy. Scrambled eggs also meet with his approval.

Alastriona, The Cats and Dogs said...

I am going to try the cat crackers. Hopefully he will like them, he just barfed up his dry cat food.

I listed your blog in the resources of my other blog The Last Meow.