Shouldn't they at least take her drivers license away?

An 85-year-old woman whose car plowed through an elementary school cafeteria, killing a boy and injuring two other students, won't face criminal charges, a prosecutor said.
"This was certainly not intentional," Robert Haida, St. Clair County state's attorney, said Friday.


On Monday, police issued what likely will be the only penalty Grace Keim will face in the Jan. 29 crash: a traffic ticket for failing to reduce speed.


She drove up a dead-end drive at Shiloh Elementary School and never stopped. She crashed through the cafeteria at lunchtime, according to police in Shiloh, a village just east of St. Louis.

Ryan Wesling, 8, died at a hospital about an hour later. Two other students were injured.

If I was Ryan's parents I would be OUTRAGED! Being old is no excuse for reckless driving. I wonder what penalties a 16 year old would have faced for the same accident? At the very LEAST Grace Keim should PERMANETLY LOSE HER DRIVERS LICENSE.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I agree 100%. Our qualifications for getting a driver’s license in the country are pathetically weak. Drive through Germany and you can’t help be amazed at how courteously and expertly they drive when compared to us. To avoid any accusations of “ageism” I’d happily agree that all drivers should retake the full test every 5 years, and the test should be mush, much more rigorous.