The Genarlow Wilson Saga

--The case of Genarlow Wilson, now serving a 10-year mandatory prison sentence for having oral sex with a 15-year-old girl as a teen, is just the latest to make the state's attorney general the target of protests.

Democrat Thurbert Baker is Georgia's top black elected official, but he has repeatedly found himself at odds with black leaders and his own party.


But Baker says the law is the law.

I am all for law and order, but this was a SUPID LAW and even the judge thinks Gernalow Wilson's sentence was a miscarriage of justice. He needs to be released now.

2 comments:

Crimson Wife said...

While I don't think what they did was right, I completely disagree with putting the kid in jail over it. Teenagers make mistakes and he's only a couple of years older than her. Shouldn't the government focus their energy in going after *real* sexual predators?

Alastriona, The Cats and Dogs said...

One would think so..........

And you know I bet the law was intended to prevent 40 year old men from having oral sex with a 15 year old. Unluckily the way it was written it wound up applying to a 17 year old teen.

It is my understanding that the law was changed, BUT he couldn't be grandfathered in under the new law.