What is an evolved homeschooler?

A friend noticed the evolved homeschooler emblem on my blog and she asked me what it meant. For me it simply means that I TEACH EVOLUTION. It's really tiresome when people assume I am a creationist simply because I homeschool, this is my way of letting them know that there are homeschoolers that believe in evolution.

Past post on evolution.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Dear Alasandra,
I have just started a site with a friend of mine on homeschooler savvy. I have been searching for quite a while for a thorough science curriculum that simply teaches science for evolution and the history of the cosmos. Do you have any recommendations? I live in North Mississippi - where abouts are you?
Regards
Kim
http://www.homeschoolersavvy.typepad.com

Alastriona, The Cats and Dogs said...

Hi aussie Kim, I live on the Mississippi Gulf Coast. I used Amsco Biology it covered Evolution well.
http://www.efastcom.com/AMSCOPUB/control/product?categoryId=5&catCode=AMB
We used the Living Environment they have a new edition out, so I can't speak for it.

I also belong to a wonderful inclusive group called PEAK. I know we have a branch in North Mississippi. Here is the link if you want to check it out.

We are using Conceptual Physical Science by Hewitt which has a unit on Astronomy
http://www.amazon.com/Conceptual-Physical-Science-Paul-Hewitt/dp/0321051734