What happens when you hammer a nail in Sheetrock? If you are close to the supply line it punctures the copper tubing (I think that's what you call it) leaving a pin size hole that will eventually soak the carpet in your family room. Necessitating 1.) pulling up the carpet, 2.) cutting a hole in the sheet rock, 3.) removing the copper tubing that has a hole in it and replacing it. 4. ) drying out the carpet and 5.) replacing the Sheetrock and painting it.
We are on step 4.
Thank God Hubby is a very HANDY, handyman. He even fixed my washing machine over the phone Monday. It's one of the new electronic ones. I went to get the clothes out and the CLEAN light wasn't on. Uh-oh were the clothes clean? No the tub still had water in it. So I tried turning the machine on to finish the cycle, nothing happened. A frantic call to Hubby, at work, elicited the advice that I should try unplugging it and then plugging it back up after a few minutes. It worked like a charm.
I am tired. This is the least of my misadventures for July. I'll write about the rest of them later.
5 comments:
Murphy's Law...hope all dries quickly and this is the last of it!
Hubby borrowed a dehumidifier from a friend so everything is nice and dry now.
Hopefully he will be able to put the Sheetrock back up tonight when he gets home from work. And I can work on sanding and floating it tomorrow. Then he'll be able to paint this weekend.
Knock on wood but so far nothing has gone wrong today.
Oh my! We've had a very similar experience. I'm not sure how wet your carpet became but it may be a good idea to replace the pad underneath. These are often very tricky to dry completely and can create a prime breeding ground for many molds.
Also, we made sure to use a bleach/water rinse for any hard surface (including the subfloor) to prevent molding.
Can you tell I'm really worried about mold growing in my home? :)
Hope this helps.
Stop by my blog if you have a moment. I've began a new project and I'm really excited. I welcome any and all comments or suggestions.
We were very lucky the dehumidifier was able to suck all the moisture out of both the carpet and the pad. And we got to it before any mold had a chance to grow.
Sheri I would love to stop by your blog. Could you leave a link for me?
Post a Comment